Monday, May 26, 2008

Daddy, how I miss you

Dad died in December, 1994. During July 1996 I penned this song in his honor.

Everybody would like to have a father like I did • who put God first in everything he did • He loved his wife, then loved his kids • would give it all for any of them • That's my dad, the best dad in the world


• Daddy how I miss you •
• It's been so long without your smile •
• So long since you said "well done" •
• So long since you prayed for me to be like Jesus •
• Daddy how I miss you •

He gave his life to do God's work • spent much time preaching the word • Planted seeds and then he saw much fruit • People came to him for advice • He modeled how they should live their lives • Lose your life and gain the whole world

Then one December that fatal day came • without a warning you took him away • this man that God had used for so long • A solid oak uprooted for good • His church and family weakened stood Gods grace has held us in his hand

His last words were spoken to me • In a letter he said "It really is special when we can look at all of life with a sense of confidence that our loving and caring God is truly directing things for our good, because he knows our future"

1 comment:

Mateo y Lina Reed said...

I created a remake of the song 15 years later... very amateur (with Garageband)... You can download it here:

http://bit.ly/mWA023